Microsoft KB Archive/932382
Article ID: 932382
Article Last Modified on 10/23/2007
- Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Microsoft Xbox
When you try to watch a recorded TV program that is stored on an external FireWire hard disk that is connected to the Windows Vista-based Media Center computer, the recorded TV program does not start and the Media Center Extender stops responding.
This behavior occurs if a policy is set for the FireWire hard disk that is preventing the computer from streaming the content to the Media Center Extender.
THINGS TO TRY
- Reconfigure the policy for the FireWire hard disk. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate the entry for the FireWire hard disk. Right-click the device, and then click Properties.
- On the Policies tab, click Optimize for performance.
- Click OK.
- Restart the Extender, and then try to watch the recorded TV program again.
The "Optimize for performance" setting enables write caching in Windows. This feature will help improve the performance of the hard disk.
For more information about Media Center Extenders, visit the following Web site:
Keywords: kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbxboxperipherals kbxbox360pacrimportal kbxbox360americasportal kbxbox360europeportal kbxbox360ext KB932382