Microsoft KB Archive/932345
Article ID: 932345
Article Last Modified on 10/23/2007
- Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Microsoft Xbox
When you watch live or recorded TV that is streamed from a Windows Vista-based Media Center PC to a Media Center Extender, the video pauses or you experience poor video quality. You may also receive "network issue" notifications.
THINGS TO TRY
- Install the latest driver for the network adapter on the computer. For more information about how to download and install the driver, contact the computer manufacturer.
- Verify that the latest firmware is installed on the router. For information about how to download and install the latest firmware, contact the router manufacturer.
- Use the Network Performance Tuner to help you review and improve the performance of the network. To start the Network Performance Tuner from the Media Center Extender, follow these steps:
- Start Media Center on the Media Center Extender.
- Scroll to Tasks, and then select Settings.
- Select Tune Network.
When you watch live or recorded TV that is streamed through a Media Center Extender, the Extender requires dependable network connectivity and performance. Many problems with home networks can go unnoticed until you try to use a feature that requires high bandwidth, such as streaming TV content from a Windows Media Center PC to a Windows Media Center Extender.
If you experience poor video quality or slow performance when you use a Gigabit Ethernet switch, the buffer of the switch may be insufficient. For more information about Gigabit Ethernet switches, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
929707 You experience poor video quality or slow performance when you use Windows Media Extender features on a home network that uses a Gigabit Ethernet switch on a Windows Vista-based computer
Keywords: kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbxboxperipherals kbxbox360pacrimportal kbxbox360americasportal kbxbox360europeportal kbxbox360ext KB932345