Microsoft KB Archive/932160
Article ID: 932160
Article Last Modified on 10/23/2007
- Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Microsoft Xbox
When you try to add a Media Center Extender on a Windows Vista-based Media Center computer, you receive the following error message:
This issue occurs when the Media Center Extender does not reply to the request to connect from the Windows Vista-based Media Center computer.
THINGS TO TRY
Visit Windows Update (http://www.update.microsoft.com/), and then apply all available updates.
Firewall settings or privacy software may be preventing communication between the Windows Media Center Extender and the Windows Vista-based Media Center PC. For more information about how to configure the firewall or privacy software, review the documentation from the manufacturer.
For more information about firewalls and Media Center Extenders, visit the following Web site:
- Install the latest driver for the network adapter on the computer. For more help on how to download and install the driver, contact the computer manufacturer.
- Use a different network adapter to help determine whether the network adapter is causing the issue.
- Verify that the computer is not joined to a domain. Some domain policies can prevent the Windows Media Center Extender from connecting to the Windows Vista-based Media Center PC.
- To determine whether group policies are causing the connection issue, temporarily remove the computer from the domain, restart the computer, and then try to add the Windows Media Center Extender again.
For more information about Media Center Extenders, visit the following Web site:
Additional query words: Mce attach connect communicate join together PC link lan network
Keywords: kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbxboxperipherals kbxbox360pacrimportal kbxbox360americasportal kbxbox360europeportal kbxbox360ext KB932160