Microsoft KB Archive/932080
Article ID: 932080
Article Last Modified on 9/28/2007
- Microsoft Office Basic 2007
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Small Business 2007
- Microsoft Office Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Expression Web
Microsoft has released an update for the 2007 Microsoft Office programs. This article contains a list of the issues that are fixed by the update. Additionally, this article describes how to obtain the update and how to determine whether the update is installed.
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Application Error Reporting. This update fixes an issue with Microsoft Application Error Reporting that may cause some information about application errors to be sent to Microsoft without notifying you.
List of issues that the update fixes
This update for the 2007 Office programs fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
Application errors may be sent to Microsoft without notifying you
Some 2007 Office programs that run on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) and on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 use Microsoft Application Error Reporting (DW 2.0) to report problems to Microsoft. If an unsafe COM control is detected, these programs may unintentionally send problem reports to Microsoft without first verifying that you have granted permission for the reporting operation. The problem reports that may be sent to Microsoft do not contain personal information.
This update makes a change to Microsoft Application Error Reporting (DW 2.0). This change helps make sure that DW 2.0 problem reports are sent only after you grant permission.
How to obtain and install the update
This update is located at the Microsoft Download Center. To download this update and to obtain installation instructions and deployment strategies, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
How to determine whether the update is installed
This update contains files that have the versions that are listed in the following table.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
You do not have to install this update if you have a later version of the files that are listed in the table.
To determine the version of the files that are installed on the computer, follow these steps.
Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Search.
- In the Search Results window, click All files and folders in the Search Companion pane.
- In the All or part of the file name box, type the file name, and then click Search.
- In the list of files, right-click the found file, and then click Properties.
- On the Version tab, examine the version of the file that is installed on the computer.
Information for administrators about .msp files
This update consists of a full-file Microsoft Windows Installer (.msp) file. The .msp file is packaged in a self-extracting executable file. The following .msp file is distributed in this update:
For detailed procedures that describe how to update an administrative image and how to update client computers, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
The Microsoft Office Desktop Applications TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all versions of Office. For more information about the Microsoft Office Desktop Applications TechCenter, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: office2007 office2k7 office12 off2007 off2k7 off12 access2007 access2k7 access12 acc2007 acc2k7 acc12 excel2007 excel2k7 excel12 xl2007 xl2k7 xl12 infopath2007 infopath2k7 infopath12 inf2007 inf2k7 inf12 onenote2007 onenote2k7 onenote12 on2007 on2k7 on12 outlook2007 outlook2k7 outlook12 ol2007 ol2k7 ol12 powerpoint2007 powerpoint2k7 powerpoint12 ppt2007 ppt2k7 ppt12 project2007 project2k7 project12 prj2007 prj2k7 prj12 publisher2007 publisher2k7 publisher12 pub2007 pub2k7 pub12 visio2007 visio2k7 visio12 vso2007 vso2k7 vso12 word2007 word2k7 word12 wd2007 wd2k7 wd12 office security patch performance reliability update download 2007 fix maer
Keywords: kbdownload kbfix kbqfe kbupdate atdownload kbexpertisebeginner KB932080