Microsoft KB Archive/931912
Article ID: 931912
Article Last Modified on 12/4/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune 4GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 8GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 30GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 80GB Digital Media Player
When your Zune device starts, a Zune logo appears on a black screen, and the device stops responding. A progress bar may also appear at the bottom of the screen. But the progress bar does not move.
THINGS TO TRY
Try one or more of the following steps:
- Restart the Zune device. To do this, set the Hold switch to the unlocked position, and then press and hold the Back button as you press on the top of the Zune Pad. When the Zune device begins to restart, you can release the buttons.
- Let the battery in the Zune device drain completely. After the device turns off, connect the device to a power source by using a Zune Sync Cable.
- Restore the Zune device software. For more information about how to restore a Zune device, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
927001 How to restore your Zune device software
- Update the Zune device. Once the Zune device is running again, connect the Zune device to the computer that has the current Zune software installed. Then, update the device to the current device software version. For more information about how to update the software on a Zune device, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
926770 How to update your Zune device
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB931912