Microsoft KB Archive/931848
Article ID: 931848
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2007
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 with Connected Services
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 with GPS Locator
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2007
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2007 with GPS Locator
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006 Essentials
- Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006 with GPS Locator
When you try to turn on the voice feature in Microsoft Streets & Trips, you receive the following error message:
This behavior occurs on computers that use the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000
Streets & Trips uses the Microsoft Windows XP component Windows Text-to-Speech for voice support.
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
- Install the Microsoft Reader for Desktop and Laptop PC. To obtain this software, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Install the Microsoft Text-to-Speech Package. To obtain this software, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Restart the computer.
- Click Start, click Run, type control speech, and then click OK.
- Under Speech Properties, click Preview Voice to verify that the Text-to-Speech software is working correctly.
- Click OK.
- Create a route in Streets & Trips.
- On the Tools menu, click GPS Task Pane.
- On the GPS pane, click Start GPS tracking, and then click Provide Driving Guidance.
- Under Routing, you may have to click Go to reset the start location to the current location.
- Press F7 to turn on the voice instructions.
Additional query words: verbal outloud sound
Keywords: kberrmsg kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB931848