Microsoft KB Archive/931803
Article ID: 931803
Article Last Modified on 3/19/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
This article describes log options for SoftGrid Client 4.x. This article also describes how to use SoftGrid Client Management, Registry Editor, or a command prompt to change the log level.
The SoftGrid Client log file is named Sftlog.txt. The Sftlog.txt file is located in the following directory:
- Microsoft Windows desktop computers
%ProgramFiles%\Softricity\SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
- Terminal servers
%ProgramFiles%\Softricity\SoftGrid for Terminal Servers
The SoftGrid Client log contains several log levels. You can change the log level by using SoftGrid Client Management, Registry Editor, or a command prompt.
The following table describes the log options for SoftGrid Client 4.x.
|Transactions||Not available||0||Not available|
|Debug||Not available||6||Not available|
You can use SoftGrid Client Management, Registry Editor, or a command prompt to change the log level.
Use SoftGrid Client Management to change the log level
- In the Administrative Tools item in Control Panel, start SoftGrid Client Management.
- Right-click SoftGrid on
localhost, and then click Properties.
- Click the General tab.
- In the Log Level list, select the log level that you want. Then, click OK.
The log level changes when you click OK. You do not have to restart the service.
Use Registry Editor to change the log level
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Expand the following registry key:
- Click Configuration.
- Right-click LogMinSeverity, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the number for the log level that you want. Then, click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
- Click Start, click Programs, click Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
- Right-click SoftGrid Client, and then click Restart.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
When you restart the SoftGrid Client service, all active SoftGrid-enabled applications are ended for all user sessions on the client.
Use a command prompt to change the log level
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- Type Sftlist.exe together with the switch for the log level that you want, and then press ENTER. For example, you may type the following:
- Type exit, and then press ENTER.
The log level changes when you press ENTER. You do not have to restart the service.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB931803