Microsoft KB Archive/931717
Article ID: 931717
Article Last Modified on 3/19/2007
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Ultimate
When you try to route incoming faxes to a shared printer in Windows Vista, the print job fails.
This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:
- The computer that receives the incoming fax is logged on to the network in workgroup mode.
- The shared printer is connected to a computer that uses domain credentials to connect to the network.
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Log on to the computer that receives faxes by using domain credentials.
- Route faxes to a printer that is connected to the computer where the fax is received.
- Route faxes to a printer that is available on the workgroup.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB931717