Microsoft KB Archive/931592
Article ID: 931592
Article Last Modified on 5/9/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
When you try to sequence an application, you receive the following error message:
This problem may occur if the Sequencer tries to copy a locked file to the virtual file system.
To resolve this problem, configure the Sequencer to exclude the locked file.
To determine which file the Sequencer cannot copy, follow these steps on the sequencing station:
- Open the Sft-seq-log.txt file by using a text editor such as Notepad.
By default, the Sft-seq-log.txt file is in the following folder:
- Search for "53256" to locate the entry that resembles the following:
TimeERR RTSK] SystemGuard download failed (error code 53256).
- Several lines earlier in the file, note the file that appears in an entry that resembles the following:
TimeVRB VFSX] Initial copy into the VFS for new version of
To exclude the locked file, follow these steps before you create the sequence:
- Click Tools, and then click Options.
- Click the Exclusions tab, and then click New.
- In the Exclusion Path box, type the path of the file.
To view a table of example exclusion paths, see the "More Information" section.
- In the Mapping Type list, select VFS_EXC.
- Click OK, click Apply, click Save As Default, and then click OK.
- Click File, and then click New Package.
You can now sequence the application.
The following table lists other common files that experience this problem. We recommend that you exclude these files before each sequence.
|NTUSER.DAT||Microsoft Windows Registry||%UserProfile%\NTUSER.DAT|
|ntuser.dat.LOG||Microsoft Windows Registry||%UserProfile%\ntuser.dat.LOG|
|qmgr0.dat||Microsoft Windows Update Service||%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat|
|qmgr1.dat||Microsoft Windows Update Service||%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat|
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB931592