Microsoft KB Archive/931394
Article ID: 931394
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
You undo the deletion of a Microsoft Office Excel 2007 chart in Microsoft Office Word 2007. Then, you try to edit the data for the chart. However, the changes that you made to the data before you deleted the chart are lost.
Note This problem may also occur after you undo the deletion of an Excel 2007 chart in other applications, such as Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007.
This problem occurs because the changes to the chart data are not saved until Excel 2007 is closed.
To work around this problem, close Excel 2007 before you delete the chart.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Steps to reproduce this problem:
- Start Microsoft Office Word 2007.
- Click the Insert tab, and then click Chart.
Note Excel 2007 opens, and chart data is displayed.
- In Excel 2007, change the chart data.
- In Word 2007, click to select the chart, and then press DELETE.
Note The chart is deleted, and Excel 2007 closes.
- Press CTRL+Z to undo the deletion of the chart.
- Right-click the chart, and then click Edit Data.
Note Excel 2007 opens, and the original chart data is displayed. Your changes to the data are not displayed.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbchart kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB931394