Microsoft KB Archive/931388
Article ID: 931388
Article Last Modified on 10/16/2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
Consider the following scenario. You create a PivotTable in a Microsoft Office Excel 2007 workbook. The PivotTable connects to an Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) database. Then, you save the workbook to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. When you open the workbook and then click Refresh All to update data in the PivotTable, you receive one of the following error messages:
- Error message 1
- Error message 2
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The user locale is configured to use a different language setting than that of the system locale. That is, the regional setting in Microsoft Windows is configured to use a different locale than the language version of Microsoft Windows that is installed on the computer.
- In Excel 2007, the Retrieve data and errors in the Office display language when available check box in the Connection Properties dialog box is cleared.
To work around this problem, use one of the following procedures:
- Do not click to clear the Retrieve data and errors in the Office display language when available check box in the Connection Properties dialog box.
- If you do click to clear the Retrieve data and errors in the Office display language when available check box in the Connection Properties dialog box, save the workbook locally. Alternatively, save the workbook to a mapped network drive. Do not save the workbook to an http:// location.
- Add the locale identifier to the .odc file. For more information about how to do this, see the Translations topic in the "Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services Cubes for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 PivotTables" white paper. To view this white paper, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about locale identifiers, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to work with PivotTables in Excel 2007, see Excel 2007 Help. To do this, click Microsoft Office Excel Help, type PivotTable in the Type words to search for box, and then click Search to view a list of relevant topics.
Additional query words: xl xl2007 excel2007
Keywords: kbtshoot kbbug kbpivottable kbpending kbexpertisebeginner KB931388