Microsoft KB Archive/931384
Article ID: 931384
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
You remove a data connection for a linked Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services list from a table in a Microsoft Office Excel 2007 worksheet. When you do this, the link that you removed reappears in the Workbook connections dialog box after you reopen the workbook.
To work around this problem, unlink the table from the SharePoint list. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the worksheet, click anywhere in the table that you want to unlink from the SharePoint list.
Note When you do this, Table Tools is displayed, and the Design tab is added to the ribbon.
- On the Design tab, click Unlink in the External Table Data group.
- Click OK.
Note When you unlink an Excel 2007 table that was exported to a custom list on a Windows SharePoint Services site, the connection to that list is removed. The table remains intact on the worksheet, and the SharePoint list remains on the SharePoint site. However, you are no longer able to update the table with changes that are made to the SharePoint list.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- In Excel 2007, open an .xls file.
- Click the Data tab, and then click Connections in the Connections group.
- Select a data connection for a linked SharePoint list in the Workbook connections dialog box, and then click Remove.
- Save and then close the workbook.
When you reopen the workbook, the data connection that you removed reappears.
Additional query words: excel 2007 sharepoint xl2007
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb KB931384