Microsoft KB Archive/931383
Article ID: 931383
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
Consider the following scenario. You open a Microsoft Office Excel 2007 workbook that contains a PivotTable. The PivotTable uses a filter and contains a collapsed attribute hierarchy. When you update data in the PivotTable, items in the hierarchy are unexpectedly expanded.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true and if the conditions occur in the order that they are presented:
- You open a workbook that contains a PivotTable that uses a measure-based filter.
- You collapse individual items at levels of the attribute hierarchy.
- You save and then close the workbook.
- You open the workbook, and then you update data in the PivotTable.
In this scenario, a problem exists with the way in which Excel 2007 processes the PivotTable view.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to work with PivotTables in Excel 2007, see Excel 2007 Help. To do this, click Microsoft Office Excel Help, type PivotTable in the Type words to search for box, and then click Search to view a list of relevant topics.
Additional query words: refresh xl xl2007 excel2007
Keywords: kbtshoot kbbug kbpivottable kbpending kbexpertisebeginner KB931383