Microsoft KB Archive/931363
Article ID: 931363
Article Last Modified on 12/13/2007
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
When you try to send a facsimile (fax) from Windows Vista, you receive the following error message:
This issue may occur if any one of the following conditions is true:
- You send the fax by using a faxing service company that uses a remote fax server. The remote fax server does not support the e-mail delivery receipt feature that is provided by the Windows Fax and Scan program.
- You send the fax by using a fax modem that is installed in or connected to the Windows Vista-based computer.
This issue occurs because the e-mail delivery receipt feature in Windows Fax and Scan works only if the following conditions are true:
- You use a remote fax server to send the fax.
- The remote fax server supports and allows for the e-mail delivery receipt feature.
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation.
Method 1: If you use a remote fax server
If you use a remote fax server to send the fax, contact the administrator of the remote service to determine whether the fax service supports the e-mail receipt delivery feature.
Method 2: If you use a fax modem
If you use a fax modem to send the fax, click to clear the E-mail To delivery receipts check box.
Note If you want to determine the delivery status of a fax that you send from Windows Vista by using a fax modem or by using a remote fax server that does not support the e-mail delivery receipt feature, use one of the following methods:
- Examine the contents of the Outbox folder or the Sent Items folder in Windows Scan and Fax.
- Use the Fax Status Monitor feature in Windows Scan and Fax.
For more information about how to use Windows Fax and Scan, visit the following Microsoft Web sites:
Faxing: frequently asked questions
Set up your computer to send and receive faxes
Troubleshoot fax problems
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB931363