Microsoft KB Archive/931272
Article ID: 931272
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Ultimate
When you try to view the Weather gadget on the Windows Sidebar in Windows Vista, you may receive the following message:
This issue may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- Your current location does not support the Web service that is used to retrieve weather data.
- In the Regional and Language Options dialog box, the settings on the Formats tab do not match the settings on the Location tab.
To resolve this issue follow these steps.
Note These steps resolve this issue only if you are in a location that supports the Web service that is used to retrieve weather data.
- Click Start , type intl.cpl in the Start Search box, and then click intl.cpl in the Programs list.
- Click the Format tab, and then in the Current format list, select the format that you want to use for your region.
- Click the Location tab, and then in the Current location list, click the location that corresponds to the region that is set on the Format tab.
- Close the Regional and Language Options dialog box.
- In the Windows Sidebar, close the Weather gadget.
- Click the plus sign (+) that appears at the top of the Windows Sidebar.
- Locate the Weather gadget, and then drag it to the Windows Sidebar.
- Close the Gadgets window.
Note After you change the regional settings, some programs may not work correctly. Some programs and some services provide local information, such as news and weather. These programs and services provide this information based on the regional settings.
Additional query words: Winvista
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb KB931272