Microsoft KB Archive/931173
Article ID: 931173
Article Last Modified on 5/10/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
You try to run a report from the Microsoft SoftGrid Management Console. However, you are unable run a report successfully, and you receive an error message that resembles the following:
This issue can occur if either of the following conditions is true:
- The Microsoft ASP.NET worker process account is not assigned at least Read file permissions for the SftReporting.udl file.
- The SftReporting.udl file does not exist.
For more information about the ASP.NET worker process account permissions and Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
812614 Default permissions and user rights for IIS 6.0
To resolve this issue, use one or more of the following methods.
Method 1: Make sure that appropriate permissions are assigned
On the Microsoft SoftGrid Management Web Service server, follow these steps:
- Locate the SftReporting.udl file in the following path:
%ProgramFiles%\Softricity\SoftGrid Reporting Service
- Right-click SftReporting.udl, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Add the appropriate ASP.NET worker process account together with Read permissions.
Note See the "ASP.NET worker process account" table for more information.
ASP.NET worker process account
|Operating||System role||ASP.NET worker process account|
|Windows 2000 Server||Member Server||ASP.NET Machine Account (computer name\ASPNET)|
|Windows Server 2003||Member Server||ASP.NET Machine Account (computer name\ASPNET)|
|Windows 2000 Server||Domain Controller||Launch IIS Process Account (domain name\IWAM_computer name)|
|Windows Server 2003||Domain Controller||NETWORK SERVICE|
Method 2: Make sure that the SftReporting.udl file exists
For more information about how to validate and to create the SftReporting.udl file, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
931178 How to validate and create the SftReporting.udl file
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB931173