Microsoft KB Archive/931129
Article ID: 931129
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System
- Microsoft Xbox
This article describes how to determine the warranty and repair status of your Xbox 360 console by using the Xbox Service Web site.
By using the Xbox Service Web site, you can register your Xbox 360 console and associate the console with your Windows Live ID. You can also edit your registration information, view your current repair status, and view your warranty status on the Xbox Service Web site.
To determine the warranty and repair status of your Xbox 360 console, follow these steps:
- Visit the following Web site:
- Click Sign In.
- Enter the e-mail address and the password for your Windows Live ID, and then click Sign in.
- If you have not registered your console, follow these steps:
- Click Register a new device.
- Enter the serial number of the console, your name, your address, your telephone number, and your e-mail address.
Note The console serial number is located on the back of the Xbox 360 console.
- Click Submit.
If you previously registered your console with Xbox Support, but the console does not appear under Registered Devices, follow these steps:
- Click Associate a device you registered on the phone with your Windows Live ID.
- Enter the serial number of the console and the name that you used when you previously registered the console.
- Click Submit.
- After you associate the console with your Windows Live ID, the console will appear under Registered Devices. To view information about your console, click the console in the list.
- The serial number, the warranty status, and the status of any pending repair appear under Device Information. If you have a pending repair, click Review your repair status.
- Your name, your address, your telephone number, and the e-mail address that is associated with your console appear under Customer Information. To change this information, click Edit Customer.
When you try to register your console, you may receive the following error message:
You may receive this error message after you select Register New Device for a console that is already registered. If you receive this error message and you previously registered this console, click Associate a device you registered on the phone with your Windows Live ID, and then enter your registration information.
Keywords: kbhowto kbxboxconsole kbxbox360americasportal kbxbox360ext kbpubtypekc kbinfo KB931129