Microsoft KB Archive/931077
Article ID: 931077
Article Last Modified on 2/15/2007
- PolicyMaker Standard Edition 1.0
This article describes how to obtain an Evaluation or Registered license keyset for DesktopStandard PolicyMaker Standard Edition. This keyset lets you apply configurations to the network.
Note You can use PolicyMaker Standard Edition in Demonstration mode without obtaining a license keyset. However, if you do not have a license keyset, you can use PolicyMaker client-side extensions (CSEs) only to apply configurations to local Group Policy objects (GPOs). You cannot apply configurations to domain environment GPOs without a license keyset.
To run PolicyMaker Standard Edition in Evaluation mode or in Registered mode, a PolicyMaker license keyset (License.xml) must be created and imported into Group Policy Object Editor. The license keyset must contain enough user and computer licenses to cover all the GPOs in the domain or in the organizational unit (OU) in which you will run the PolicyMaker CSEs.
To obtain an Evaluation or Registered license keyset, follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of PolicyMaker Standard Edition.
- Open Group Policy Object Editor, and then click any PolicyMaker configuration item to enable the PolicyMaker option on the menu bar.
- On the menu bar, click PolicyMaker, and then click Licensing.
- On the License Request tab, click Add.
- In the Select Domain and Organizational Unit dialog box, click Browse.
- Select the domain or the OU that you want to license, and then click OK.
- In the Select Domain and Organizational Unit dialog box, click Calculate next to Users, and then modify the user counts as appropriate.
- Click Calculate next to Computers, modify the computer counts as appropriate, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 for each domain or OU that you want to license.
- On the License Request tab, click Export to save the Request.xml file in a convenient location.
- Send the Request.xml file to DSLicKey@microsoft.com together with the contact information. You will receive an accurate count of how many licenses that you need for PolicyMaker Standard Edition.
Keywords: kbhowto kbexpertiseinter kbinfo KB931077