Microsoft KB Archive/931021
Article ID: 931021
Article Last Modified on 2/9/2007
- PolicyMaker Standard Edition 1.0
- PolicyMaker Standard Edition 2.0
- Profile Maker Professional 8.0
When you use Desktop Standard PolicyMaker Standard Edition to apply a TCP/IP or Local printer policy on a computer, the policy may not be applied. Additionally, the following error may be logged in the Application log:
This issue occurs because you apply the TCP/IP or Local printer policy to configure some new types of printers. These printers do not use a standard port monitor to connect clients to network printers that use the TCP/IP protocol.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type Gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
- Expand User Configuration\Windows Settings\Control Panel\Printers.
- Right-click Printers, click New, and then click Shared Printer.
- In the New Shared Printer Properties dialog box, select the target printer for Share printer, and then click OK.
You may experience this issue when you use the following printers:
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) 2430N
- HP 2550N
- HP 2600N
- HP 3500N
- HP 3550N
- HP 3600N
- HP 4200N
- HP 4350N
- Some Dell printers
For more information about how to use PolicyMaker Standard Edition to configure TCP/IP printers, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB931021