Microsoft KB Archive/930867
Article ID: 930867
Article Last Modified on 5/8/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
When you try to start Microsoft SoftGrid, the program does not respond and you receive the following error message:
When this problem occurs, the following entry is logged in the SoftGrid Client log file (Sftlog.txt):
Additionally, the following entry is logged in the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server log file (Sft-server.log):
This problem can occur if any one of the following conditions is true:
- The SoftGrid File System cache file cannot be located.
This condition can occur if modifications are manually made to the string value (REG_SZ) that is named FileName and that is located under the following registry subkey:
To resolve this problem, restore the Value Data path for the FileName string value to the previous path. Then, relocate the cache file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the SoftGrid Client.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Under Cache Settings, click the lookup button (...) that is next to Location.
- Browse to the new location.
- Type sftfs.fsd, and then click Open.
- Click OK.
- When you are prompted to save the changes and to restart the computer, click Yes.
- Transport failure caused the SoftGrid file system to become unavailable.
This problem is resolved in build 126.96.36.1997 of the SoftGrid Client.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB930867