Microsoft KB Archive/930843
Article ID: 930843
Article Last Modified on 3/19/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
This article describes log options for SoftGrid Management Console 3.x. This article also describes how to configure the log level.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
The SoftGrid Management Console log file is named Sftmmc.log. The Sftmmc.log file is located in the following folder:
%ProgramFiles%\Softricity\SoftGrid Management Console\Sftmmc.log
The following table describes the log options for SoftGrid Management Console 3.x.
|None||0||Turns logging off.|
|Normal||1||Turns logging on.|
To configure the log level, follow these steps:
- Exit SoftGrid Management Console if it is running.
- Start Registry Editor.
- Expand the following registry key:
- Click SoftGrid Management Console.
- Locate the value that is named LogLevel. If the LogLevel value does not exist, follow these steps:
- Right-click SoftGrid Management Console, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- In the New Value #1 box, type LogLevel.
- Right-click LogLevel, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the value for the log level that you want, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- In the Administrative Tools item in Control Panel, start SoftGrid Management Console.
The log file is not created until an error occurs. If SoftGrid Management Console is running while you change the registry, the log file is not created until you exit SoftGrid Management Console and then restart SoftGrid Management Console, even if an error occurs.
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB930843