Microsoft KB Archive/930830
Article ID: 930830
Article Last Modified on 3/8/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
When you try to start an application in Microsoft SoftGrid, you receive the following error message:
This problem occurs when the Sftdcc.exe program does not initialize.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To resolve this problem, make sure that the path of the Sftdcc.exe file matches the path that is specified in the Windows registry. By default, the Sftdcc.exe file is located in one of the following folders:
- %ProgramFiles%\Softricity\SoftGrid for Terminal Servers
- %ProgramFiles%\Softricity\SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
Additionally, make sure that streaming applications have read and right permissions to the Sftdcc.exe file.
To verify the location of the Sftdcc.exe file, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, and then expand
Softricity, and then expand
CurrentVersion, and then click
- In the details pane, double-click InstallPath.
The expected path of the Sftdcc.exe file appears in the Value Data box.
- Click Cancel, and then exit Registry Editor.
- In Windows Explorer, make sure that the path that you noted in step 5 is the actual path of the Sftdcc.exe file.
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB930830