Microsoft KB Archive/930829
Article ID: 930829
Article Last Modified on 3/13/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
When you try to start an application in Microsoft SoftGrid, you receive the following error message:
This problem occurs because the Settings.cp file is corrupted.
To resolve this problem, rename the corrupted Settings.cp file.
Typically, this problem occurs if an application does not start only for some users on a Terminal Server client computer. To rename the corrupted Settings.cp file, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type sftlist /resetlog, and then press ENTER.
- Exit Command Prompt.
- In Windows Explorer, open the "
C:\Program Files\Softricity\SoftGrid for Terminal Servers" folder.
- In the "SoftGrid for Terminal Servers" folder, use a text editor to open the Sftlog
xxxx.txt file that was created most recently. For example, use Notepad to open the file.
- In the text editor, search for 0C-0000003. Note the user name that appears next to the usr= string, and then exit the text editor.
- In Windows Explorer, open the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\
User\Application Data\SoftGrid Client
Useris the user whose name you noted in step 6.
- In the "SoftGrid Client" folder, rename the Settings.cp file to Settings.old.
Log on to the account of the user whose name noted in step 6, and then start the application.
This error code may be accompanied by a SoftGrid .dmp file. You can find the .dmp file in the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\SoftGrid Client\Dumps
You may be asked about this file if you contact Microsoft Customer Support Services.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB930829