Microsoft KB Archive/930804
Article ID: 930804
Article Last Modified on 9/20/2007
- Zune software
- Zune Live
When you use the Zune Registration Wizard or when you try to sign in to the Zune Marketplace, you receive one of the following error messages:
Note A cookie is a small text file that is created and stored on a computer after you visit a Web site. The cookie contains information such as an ID or user preferences that can be used by the Internet browser.
This behavior occurs when cookies are not enabled for your Internet browser.
THINGS TO TRY
- Enable cookies for your Internet browser. If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or Windows Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps to modify your cookies:
- Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab, and then move the slider to the setting that you want.
Note The default setting is Medium.
- If you continue to experience this behavior, verify that the date is accurate on the computer.
If you are using Microsoft Windows XP, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type timedate.cpl, and then click OK.
- On the Date & Time tab, verify that the correct date and time appears.
- Make the adjustments that you want, and then click OK.
If you are using Windows Vista, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type timedate.cpl in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Verify that the correct date and time appears. If you want to adjust a setting, click Change date and time or click Change Time Zone as appropriate.
Note A User Account Control window may appear after you click Change date and time. If this is the case, click Continue. To change the date and time, you may require the administrator password.
- If you make any adjustments, click OK to close the Date and Time Settings window or the Time Zone Settings window.
- Click OK to close the Date and Time window.
Keywords: kbzunesoftware kbzunelive kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB930804