Microsoft KB Archive/930761
Article ID: 930761
Article Last Modified on 5/14/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
When you try to start Microsoft SoftGrid, the program does not respond, and you receive the following error message:
When this problem occurs, the following entry is logged in the SoftGrid Client log file (Sftlog.txt):
Additionally, the following entry is logged in the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server log file (Sft-server.log):
This problem occurs because the SoftGrid Client is communicating with the incorrect port for SoftGrid Virtual Application Server or for Desktop Configuration Server. This problem can occur for any of the following reasons:
- The SoftGrid Server service is not started.
- The Host Name or DNS Name of the SoftGrid Server that is specified in the .osd file corresponds to an incorrect IP Address.
- There is a firewall between the SoftGrid Client and SoftGrid Server that is preventing communication over port 554.
- Port 554 is not enabled on the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Start the SoftGrid Management Console. To do this, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click SoftGrid Management Console.
- Expand Console Root, expand Softricity SoftGrid, expand Softricity SoftGrid Management Console, expand Server Groups, and then expand Default Server Group.
- Right-click the server, and then click Properties.
- Click the Ports tab.
- Verify the Protocol value and the Port Number value. By Default, the following protocols and port numbers are configured:
- RTSP 554
- HTTP 8080
Note The RTSP port that is specified in the .osd file is 554. However, the SoftGrid Server is configured to use 332 for TLS.
- Open the .osd file in a text editor.
- Locate the following entry:
- Modify this entry by making the following changes:
- Add s to the end of "rtsp."
- Change the port number from 554 to 332.
The entry in the .osd file should now resemble the following entry:
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB930761