Microsoft KB Archive/930699
Article ID: 930699
Article Last Modified on 3/13/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
When you try to start an application, you receive the following error message:
Additionally, an error message that resembles the following error message is logged in the SoftGrid Client log file (Sftlog.txt):
This problem may occur if a Group Policy settings file (Ntuser.pol or Registry.pol) that is located in one of the following locations is corrupted:
To determine the location of the corrupted .pol file, and to re-create the file, follow these steps:
- Use a text editor to open the SoftGrid Client log file (Sftlog.txt).
Search the log file for the line that resembles the following line.
The client could not apply group policy from Path\FileName.pol (rc xxxxxx04-00001102)
- In Windows Explorer, open the
Pathfolder, and then rename the
- To re-create the .pol file, log off the operating system, and then log back on.
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB930699