Microsoft KB Archive/930623
Article ID: 930623
Article Last Modified on 5/1/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
When you try to start an application in Microsoft SoftGrid, you receive the following error message:
When this problem occurs, an entry that resembles the following is logged in the SoftGrid Client log file (Sftlog.txt):
Additionally, an entry that resembles the following is logged in the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server log file (Sft-server.log):
This problem may occur because your personal settings file (UsrVol_sftfs_v1.pkg) is corrupted. This file is in the following folder:
Package is a placeholder for a folder whose name varies depending on the program that you have installed.
To resolve the problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click SoftGrid Client Management.
- Expand SoftGrid on localhost, and then click Applications.
- Right-click the application that reports the error code, and then click Repair.
- When you receive the following message, click Yes:
- Exit SoftGrid Client Management.
This process deletes your personal settings file. The next time that you start the application, the application creates a new personal settings file.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB930623