Microsoft KB Archive/930611
Article ID: 930611
Article Last Modified on 4/18/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
When you try to start an application in Microsoft SoftGrid, you receive the following error message:
When this issue occurs, an entry that resembles the following is logged in the SoftGrid client log file (Sftlog.txt):
Additionally, an entry that resembles the following is logged in the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server log file (Sft-server.log):
This issue may occur may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- The Max Block Size of the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server is smaller than the Max Block Size of the .sft file. For more information about how to troubleshoot the Max Block Size, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
930838 Error message in the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server log file: "41486 'Invalid chunk size: <xxxxxx> bytes'
930839 "Invalid raw data request: bytes" error message
- The SoftGrid Virtual Application Server service logon account does not have the Read File permission to the .sft file for the application that you are trying to start in Microsoft SoftGrid. By default, this logon account is the Local System (SYSTEM) account.
If the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server service logon account does not have the Read File permission to the .sft file, grant the account the Read File permissions to the .sft file. We recommend that you grant the account the Read File permission to the whole CONTENT directory to prevent this issue with other .sft files.
To verify the account, follow these steps from the SoftGrid Virtual Application Server:
- In Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Services.
- Right-click SoftGrid Virtual Application Server, and then click Properties.
- On the Log On tab, verify the account under Log on as.
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB930611