Microsoft KB Archive/930477
Article ID: 930477
Article Last Modified on 1/12/2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
You select a color hairline border for cells in a Microsoft Excel worksheet. Then, you print the worksheet by using a color printer. When you do this, the color hairline border may be printed as a black solid border that has a heavier line weight.
To work around this problem, use a heavier line weight for the border.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Create a worksheet in Excel.
- Select cell A1 in the worksheet.
- In Microsoft Office Excel 2003 and in earlier versions of Excel, click Format, and then click Cells.
In Microsoft Office Excel 2007, click Format in the Cells group on the Home tab, and then click Format Cells.
- In the Format Cells dialog box, click the Border tab.
- Click the Color list, and then click Blue.
- Select the hairline border in the Style box.
Note The hairline border is the thinnest border.
- Click an appropriate border location icon.
- Click OK.
- Print the Excel worksheet by using a color printer.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB930477