Microsoft KB Archive/930462
Article ID: 930462
Article Last Modified on 1/19/2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
You use SharePoint Central Administration to try to migrate content from Microsoft Content Management Server (MCMS) 2002 to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. When you click Connect in the Source Database area of the Create Migration Profile page, you receive the following error message:
This issue occurs if the user who you use to connect to the MCMS server is not configured to use the master database as the default database in Microsoft SQL Server.
To work around this issue, make sure that the user has Read access to the master database in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or in Microsoft SQL Server 2000. Then, configure the user to use the master database as the default database. To configure the user to use the master database as the default database, follow these steps:
- Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your situation:
- If you are running Microsoft SQL Server 2005, start SQL Server Management Studio.
- If you are running Microsoft SQL Server 2000, start SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
- Expand Security, and then expand Logins.
- Double-click the user who you want to configure, and then click General under Select a page.
- In the Default database box, click master, and then click OK.
For more information about how to migrate MCMS 2002 content to SharePoint Server 2007, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: MOSS SPS
Keywords: kberrmsg kbtshoot kbbug kbnofix kbexpertiseinter KB930462