Microsoft KB Archive/930375
Article ID: 930375
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Business N 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Basic N 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Starter
When you try to use a Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) product key during a clean installation of Windows Vista, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
This issue occurs because you cannot use a WAU product key to perform a clean installation of Windows Vista.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Obtain the WAU product key from the Digital License Package (DLP).
- Continue with the WAU process.
If you are trying to recover from a computer crash or a hardware failure, use the computer's recovery solution to recover the base operating system. Then, follow the steps in the "Resolution" section.
Note The WAU DLP contains 25-character product keys. These product keys are wrapped in XML, and you can extract them.
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot KB930375