Microsoft KB Archive/930373
Article ID: 930373
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Business N 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Basic N 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Starter
When you try to activate a copy of Windows Vista by using a Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) product key, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
This problem occurs if one of the following conditions is true:
- Condition 1: You insert the Windows Vista DVD in the DVD drive and then restart the computer. Then, you try to install Windows Vista by using the WAU product key.
- Condition 2: The Windows Vista setup component determines that the WAU product key is not valid.
Resolution for condition 1
To resolve this problem, perform the WAU upgrade only after you log on to the Windows Vista-based computer.
Resolution for condition 2
To resolve this problem, use a Full Package Product (FPP) product key for a clean installation of Windows Vista.
The Windows Vista installation process is now WAU-specific and is performed from a setup component. If you use a WAU product key during Windows Vista setup, a compliant version of Windows Vista must already be present on the computer.
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot KB930373