Microsoft KB Archive/930368
Article ID: 930368
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Ultimate
When you try to use Microsoft Windows Media Connect 1.0 in Windows Vista, you receive the following error message:
This problem occurs after you upgrade to Windows Vista from Microsoft Windows XP.
This problem occurs because Windows Media Connect 1.0 is not removed during the upgrade process. Windows Media Connect 1.0 may appear in Control Panel in Windows Vista if the following conditions are true:
- You use Windows Media Connect 1.0 in Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- You upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista.
To work around this problem, and to use Windows Media Connect 1.0 features in Windows Vista, use Microsoft Windows Media Player 11.
Note Windows Media Connect 1.0 has been improved and is incorporated into Windows Media Player 11.
For more information about media sharing in Windows Media Player 11, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbupgrade kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB930368