Microsoft KB Archive/930213
Article ID: 930213
Article Last Modified on 1/30/2007
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000 Standard Edition
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
When you install Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000 Service Pack 2 (SP2), you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
This problem occurs if the following registry subkey is missing:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS SETUP (ACME)\Table Files
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- Right-click Microsoft, click New, and then click Key.
- Type MS SETUP (ACME), and then press ENTER.
- Right-click MS SETUP (ACME), click New, and then click Key
- Type Table Files, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click Table Files, point to New, and then click String Value.
- Type the appropriate registry entry for the version of ISA Server 2000, and then press ENTER. See the following table to determine the correct registry entry.
Version Registry entry ISA Server 2000, Enterprise Edition MS-ISA@v3.0.1200.50 ISA Server 2000, Standard Edition MS-ISA_S@v3.0.1200.50
- Right-click the registry entry that you created in step 8, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type the path of the folder where ISA Server is installed, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Keywords: kbprb kbtshoot kberrmsg kbexpertiseadvanced KB930213