Microsoft KB Archive/930206
Article ID: 930206
Article Last Modified on 10/26/2007
- Microsoft Windows Rights Management Services (RMS) for Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
When you run the ActivateGIC.exe program on a computer that has Microsoft Windows Rights Management Services Client 1.0 Service Pack 1 installed, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
When you run the IRMCheck.exe program or the RMCheckMod.exe program, you receive an error message that says that the Ntdll.dll file is not signed. However, when you run the Sigverif.exe program, you receive a message that the Ntdll.dll file is signed.
This problem occurs if the CatRoot2 folder is corrupted.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Exit all Microsoft Office programs.
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.
net stop cryptsvc
ren %systemroot%\system32\CatRoot2 oldCatRoot2
net start cryptsvc
- Type exit, and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window.
- Wait for about four minutes.
- Restart any Office program. Then, try to use the Information Rights Management (IRM) feature.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
822798 You cannot install some updates or programs
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB930206