Microsoft KB Archive/930136
Article ID: 930136
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Starter
When you try to submit a fax to a fax server by using Windows Fax and Scan on a Windows Vista-based computer, the fax submission fails. Additionally, you may receive the following error message:
You may experience this problem because the fax server administrator disabled the sending of faxes on the fax server.
To work around this problem, use either of the following methods:
- Ask the fax server administrator to enable the sending of faxes on the fax server, and then resubmit the fax.
- Use another fax server on which the fax server administrator has enabled the sending of faxes.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB930136