Microsoft KB Archive/930091
Article ID: 930091
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2007
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
Consider the following scenario. You have a universal serial bus (USB) mouse connected to a Windows Vista-based computer. You move or click the mouse as the computer is entering sleep mode. Then, after the computer has entered sleep mode, you try to resume the computer by using the mouse or by pressing a key on the keyboard. In this scenario, the computer stops responding (hangs) at a black screen.
This issue occurs because some USB mouse devices do not work correctly with sleep mode in Windows Vista.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type device in the Start Search box, and then click Device Manager in the Programs list.
- In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
- In Device Manager, expand Mice and other pointing devices.
- Right-click the USB mouse, and then click Properties.
- Click the Power Management tab.
- Click to clear the Allow this device to wake the computer check box, and then click OK.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB930091