Microsoft KB Archive/930064
Article ID: 930064
Article Last Modified on 11/15/2007
- Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Commerce Server 2007 Standard Edition
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a base catalog in Microsoft Commerce Server 2007.
- You include two products in the base catalog.
- You create a virtual catalog that includes the base catalog.
- In the base catalog, you create a product relationship between the two products and then include a description for the relationship.
- You rebuild the virtual catalog. The relationship together with the description is now part of the virtual catalog.
- You change the description of the relationship in the base catalog and then rebuild the virtual catalog.
In this scenario, the old value for the relationship description is still present for the virtual catalog.
Note This problem does not occur in Microsoft Commerce Server 2002 Feature Pack 1.
A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next service pack that contains this hotfix.
To resolve this problem, submit a request to Microsoft Online Customer Services to obtain the hotfix. To submit an online request to obtain the hotfix, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Note If additional issues occur or any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. To create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
No prerequisites are required.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbpubtypekc KB930064