Microsoft KB Archive/930016
Article ID: 930016
Article Last Modified on 1/9/2007
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition (32-Bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
Important This article contains information that shows you how to help lower security settings or how to turn off security features on a computer. You can make these changes to work around a specific problem. Before you make these changes, we recommend that you evaluate the risks that are associated with implementing this workaround in your particular environment. If you implement this workaround, take any appropriate additional steps to help protect the computer.
On a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2-based computer, you try to create a diagnostic report for DFS replication in the DFS Management console. However, the Web page that is generated in this situation returns no data. Additionally, the Web page stops responding (hangs) after it displays the following message:
This issue occurs if the default settings for the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration component have been modified.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps.Warning This workaround may make a computer or a network more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses. We do not recommend this workaround but are providing this information so that you can implement this workaround at your own discretion. Use this workaround at your own risk.
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
- In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- In the Windows Component Wizard dialog box, click Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration, and then click Details.
- Click to clear the For administrator groups check box, click OK, and then click Next.
- After the wizard finishes the configuration process, click Finish.
- Try to create a diagnostic report for DFS replication.
In a default Windows Server 2003 R2 configuration, the For administrator groups check box for the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration component is not selected. The DFSR diagnostic reports are not designed to work when this check box is selected. For more information about the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration component, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
815141 Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration changes the browsing experience
For more information about DFS Replication diagnostic reports, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot KB930016