Microsoft KB Archive/929976
Article ID: 929976
Article Last Modified on 11/16/2007
- Zune software
- Zune Live
- Zune Digital Media Player
This article describes the usage rules for content that you obtain from the Zune Marketplace.
You can purchase content outright from the Zune Marketplace or you can download or stream content by using your Zune Pass subscription.
All music that you purchase or acquire by using your subscription from the Zune Marketplace is subject to this agreement and to any other applicable terms and conditions. These terms and conditions include the limitations that are imposed by digital rights management (DRM) technology. Content may be used for personal, non-commercial use only.
Content usage rights for Zune Marketplace content
Usage rules for content that you purchase
- You are authorized to use the content that you purchase from the Zune Marketplace on up to five authorized computers.
- You are authorized to copy or to burn purchased content and playlists that contain purchased content to a CD for personal, non-commercial use only. There is no limit to the number of times that you can burn an individual song. However, you are authorized burn the same playlist a maximum of seven times only.
Note The MP3 format does not include DRM and does not come with these restrictions.
Usage rules for content that you obtain by using a Zune Pass subscription
- With a Zune Pass, you can stream or download content by using your subscription on up to three authorized computers.
- You can sync your library together with up to three Zune devices per Zune Pass subscription.
- You must sign in to the Zune Marketplace a minimum of one time every 30 days to update the digital licenses that are associated with each piece of subscription content.
- If you transferred subscription content to a Zune device, you must connect the device to an authorized computer and sign in to the Zune Marketplace to update the device a minimum of one time every 30 days.
- You can play subscription content only as long as you have a Zune Pass subscription. If you end your subscription, you cannot play any Zune Pass subscription content that you previously downloaded.
- You cannot burn subscription content or playlists that contain subscription content to a CD. However, you can purchase content from the Zune Marketplace separately.
- MP3s are not available for download by using a Zune Pass.
Note Purchased content does not expire when your subscription ends.
For more information about the Terms of Service Agreement, visit the following Web site:
Keywords: kbzunedrm kbexpertisebeginner kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbhowto KB929976