Microsoft KB Archive/929947
Article ID: 929947
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Zune software
When you install the Zune software, you experience the following symptoms:
- The installation program stops at 95 percent completion and then closes. Then you receive the following error message:
- After you restart the computer and then start to install the Zune software again, you receive the same error message.
- You receive the following error message in Event Viewer:
This problem occurs if the Zune installation file is deleted from the Temp directory during the installation process.
THINGS TO TRY
- Verify that Error 1316 appears in Event Viewer as the cause of the failure.
- If you have other USB devices that are connected to the computer, disconnect one USB device at a time, and then try to install the Zune software after each disconnection. For example, disconnect a USB printer, and then try to install the Zune software again. If the installation is unsuccessful, leave the printer disconnected, disconnect a USB scanner, and then try to install the Zune software again. Repeat these steps for all USB devices that are connected to the computer.
- After you successfully install the Zune software, reconnect the USB devices.
Keywords: kbzunesoftware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB929947