Microsoft KB Archive/929944
Article ID: 929944
Article Last Modified on 4/28/2007
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Terminal Services
- Microsoft SoftGrid for Windows Desktops
When you try to import an application to the SoftGrid Management Console, the import operation is unsuccessful. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
Additionally, the following error message is logged in the SoftGrid Management Console log file (Sftmmc.log):
This issue may occur when a SHELLCOMMAND element has multiple attributes that have the same value.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Open the .osd file by using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Review the elements in the SOFTPKG element. These elements are MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS, PROGLIDLIST, and PROGID.
- For each PROGID element that is listed, review each SHELLCOMMAND element. This element is in the SHELLCOMMANDLIST element.
If the SHELLCOMMANDLIST element has multiple SHELLCOMMAND elements, the name and the friendly name for each SHELLCOMMAND element must be unique.
For example, consider the following <SOFTPKG> element.
<SOFTPKG> <MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS> <PROGIDLIST> <PROGID> <SHELLCOMMANDLIST> <SHELLCOMMAND NAME="open" FRIENDLYNAME="&Open DefaultApp"/> <SHELLCOMMAND NAME="edit" FRIENDLYNAME="&Open DefaultApp"/> </SHELLCOMMANDLIST> </PROGID> </PROGIDLIST> </MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS> </SOFTPKG>
In this example, the SHELLCOMMANDLIST element has two SHELLCOMMAND elements. One SHELLCOMMAND element has the name open, and the other has the name edit.
However, both SHELLCOMMAND elements have the same friendly name &Open DefaultApp. In this case, you should change the friendly name of edit from &Open DefaultApp to &Edit DefaultApp.
- Save the .osd file, and then exit the text editor.
- Import the application as usual.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB929944