Microsoft KB Archive/929916
Article ID: 929916
Article Last Modified on 12/3/2007
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, when used with:
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Ultimate
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS07-040. The security bulletin contains all the relevant information about the security update. This information includes file manifest information and deployment options. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
- Home users:
- IT professionals:
- For more information about installation issues that may occur when you install the security update together with the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
923100 When you try to install a security update for the .NET Framework 2.0, the computer may stop responding, or you may receive a "0x643" error code
934711 Error message when you restart the computer after you uninstall a security update for the .NET Framework 1.1: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way"
- For more information about installation issues that may occur when you install the security update on 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows Server 2003, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
923101 Error message when you try to install a security update for the .NET Framework 2.0 on a computer that is running Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition: "Error 1324. The folder 'Program Files' contains an invalid character"
- For more information about other issues that may occur after you install the security update for the .NET Framework 2.0, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
931846 You may be unable to execute SQL Server 2005 Integration Services packages that contain script tasks or script components
934793 Description of the SharePoint Server 2007 hotfix package: April 12, 2007
941386 FIX: Error message when you run an ASP.NET 2.0 Web application that is built on the .NET Framework 2.0 after you install the MS07-040 security update: "Type 'System.Web.HttpHeaderCollection' is not marked as serializable"
942086 FIX: Error message when you run an ASP.NET 2.0 Web application that is built on the .NET Framework 2.0: "The constructor to deserialize an object of type '<custom object>' was not found"
Update removal information
To remove this security update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
Additional query words: update security_patch security_update security bug flaw vulnerability malicious attacker exploit registry unauthenticated buffer overrun overflow specially-formed scope specially-crafted denial of service DoS TSE WinNT Win2000 security update patch bulletin .NET Framework 2.0 flaw vulnerability malicious attacker exploit
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbsecvulnerability kbqfe kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbpubtypekc kbexpertisebeginner KB929916