Microsoft KB Archive/929866
Article ID: 929866
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, when used with:
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Home Basic
The Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 calendar gadget for Windows SideShow does not synchronize with Outlook 2007 calendar items. Additionally, calendar items in Outlook 2007 are not displayed in the Windows SideShow calendar gadget.
This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You are running Windows Vista on a computer that includes a Windows SideShow display.
- You install the copy of Outlook 2007 that is included with the version of the 2007 Microsoft Office system that provides a mixture of applications together with perpetual licenses and trial licenses.
- You include the Outlook 2007 calendar gadget for Windows SideShow when you install Outlook 2007.
You may experience the same symptoms when you use the Windows SideShow simulator that is available together with the Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit (SDK).
Note Windows SideShow enables laptop manufacturers to incorporate an additional display that can display selected information from Windows-based programs. Additionally, other hardware devices that are compatible with Windows SideShow can be linked to Windows Vista to display such information.
This issue occurs because the appropriate registry keys are not updated when the gadget is installed.
To resolve this issue, you must disable and then re-enable the Outlook 2007 calendar gadget one time. To do this, follow these steps:
- Install Outlook 2007, and then restart the computer.
- Cycle the Outlook 2007 calendar gadget for Windows SideShow. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound, and then click Windows SideShow.
- In the Gadgets list, click to clear the Office Outlook 2007 Calendar check box under the Windows SideShow device that you want.
- In the Gadgets list, click to check the Office Outlook 2007 Calendar check box that you cleared in step 2c.
- Close the Windows SideShow page.
For more information about Windows Vista, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about Windows SideShow, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
To download the Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit (SDK), visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about the 2007 Microsoft Office system, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: ol2007 outlook2007
Keywords: kbcalendar kbdisplay kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB929866