Microsoft KB Archive/929767
Article ID: 929767
Article Last Modified on 12/5/2007
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007
In the Office Customization Tool, you can enable or disable the Office Customer Experience Improvement Program. However, after the you modify the settings in one of the following locations in the Office Customization Tool, the Welcome to the 2007 Microsoft Office system dialog box is still opened when a 2007 Office application is started for the first time.
- Enable Customer Experience Improvement Program
- Automatically receive small updates to improve reliability
This problem is corrected in an updated set of OPA files. To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Download the AdminTemplates.exe file. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Double-click the AdminTemplates.exe file.
- When you are prompted, select an empty folder to extract the files.
- Copy the \Admin folder to the folder that stores the original 2007 Office system installation source. When you are prompted to overwrite the existing files and folders, click Yes to all.
- Start the Office Customization Tool.
To do this, click Start, click Run, type
Office installation CD\setup /admin , and then click OK.
- In the Select Product dialog box, click OK.
- In the navigation pane, click Modify user settings in the Features area.
- Expand Microsoft Office 2007 system, expand Privacy, and then click Trust Center.
- Double-click Disable Opt-in Wizard on the first run.
- Click to select the Disabled option to prevent the dialog box from opening when a 2007 Office application is started for the first time.
For more information about the Office Customer Experience Improvement Program, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
The Office Customization Tool is available only in the volume license versions of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. For more information, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: OFF2007 Office2007 Office 2007
Keywords: kbhowto kbinfo kbexpertiseinter KB929767