Microsoft KB Archive/92975
Article ID: 92975
Article Last Modified on 11/24/2003
- Microsoft Works 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 2.0a
- Microsoft Works 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 3.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 3.1 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q92975
In Microsoft Works for Windows, when printing a color chart to a Hewlett- Packard (HP) DeskJet 500C, 550C or 560c printer using the version 3.0 printer driver, the following conditions apply:
- The Printer Setup options must be set according to the following steps:
- From the File menu, choose Printer Setup.
- Select Black And Color, All Color, or Color Black Composite for the Print Mode.
- Choose the Options button and set Dithering to Pattern, Cluster, or Scatter.
- Choose OK.
- Pie charts will not print in color directly from the spreadsheet. They must be copied and pasted into a Word Processor document as a picture or bitmap.
- Non-pie charts can be printed from the spreadsheet but are limited to the following colors unless they are copied and pasted into a Word Processor document as a picture or bitmap:
Red, Cyan, Black, Gray (prints as black), and White.
The HP DeskJet version 3.1 driver prints colors correctly. To obtain this driver or receive additional information, contact Hewlett-Packard.
To copy a color chart into the Word Processor module, do the following:
- While viewing the chart, choose Copy from the Edit menu.
- Open a Word Processor document.
- Place the cursor where you want the chart to be placed.
- From the Edit menu, choose Paste Special.
- In the Paste Special dialog box, choose Picture Or Bitmap, and then choose the Paste button.
The HP products included here are manufactured by a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.
Additional query words: prnt dj dj550c hpdj graph graphics charting