Microsoft KB Archive/929645
Article ID: 929645
Article Last Modified on 3/6/2007
- Microsoft Connected Services Framework Standard Server 3.0
In Microsoft Connected Services Framework 3.0, some of the functionalities of the Identity Manager (IDM) Management Console (MMC) have been updated as follows:
- In the Create Application window, the binding key is displayed instead of the service key.
- In the SSO database, the binding key is stored instead of the service key.
- In the IDM MMC window, the binding keys that belong to the same service are displayed as the child nodes of the service name.
- In the IDM MMC window, a new column that is named Find All Application for Users is added. This column is used to search the applications that have secondary credentials.
- In the Add Secondary Credential wizard,the binding key is displayed instead of the application description.
- In the Update Secondary Credential wizard, the binding key is displayed.
A supported feature that modifies the default behavior of the product is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to modify the behavior that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that specifically require it. This feature may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by the lack of this feature, we recommend that you wait for the next version of Microsoft Connected Services Framework that contains this feature.
To obtain this feature immediately, download the feature by following the instructions later in this article or contact Microsoft Product Support Services. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
No prerequisites are required.
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply this feature.
Feature replacement information
This feature does not replace any other features.
The English version of this feature has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Feature installation instructions
The feature installer puts files on the destination computer. You must manually replace the existing CSF files by using the files from the feature. To do this, follow these steps:
- Close all the IDM MMC applications.
- Copy the Idmsnapin.dll file to the
C:\Program Files\Microsoft CSF\V3.0\Management\Identity Manager folder.
Note Before you install the feature, the IDM MMC displays the service key for a service catalog instead of the binding key. Additionally, before you install the feature, the application description is not displayed correctly when you add a secondary credential to an application.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Keywords: kbexpertiseadvanced kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbpubtypekc KB929645