Microsoft KB Archive/929586
Article ID: 929586
Article Last Modified on 12/29/2006
- Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
In Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007, you access the Optimizer feature in Microsoft Office Project Web Access on a computer that has Microsoft Office Excel 2007 installed. When you do this, you receive the following error message:
This issue occurs if there are no printers configured for the current user. Excel 2007 uses the settings of the configured printer to help define the page dimensions.
To resolve this issue, configure a printer on the computer on which you will be running the Optimizer in Project Web Access.
If you do not intend to print, or if you do not have access to any network or local printers, you can specify a printer that has a driver of your choice without connecting to an actual printing device. Do this by using the Add Printer Wizard.
To access the Add Printer Wizard, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type control panel in the Open box, and then click OK.
- In Control Panel, double-click Printers and Faxes, and then click Add a Printer under Printer Tasks.
- Follow the steps in the Add Printer Wizard to configure the printer.
Additional query words: PPS2007 XL2007
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kberrmsg kbtshoot kbprb KB929586