Microsoft KB Archive/929536
Article ID: 929536
Article Last Modified on 1/3/2007
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
The first time that you insert a DVD in the DVD drive on a Windows Vista-based computer, the AutoPlay dialog box prompts you to indicate what you want Windows to do. If you select Play DVD movie using Windows Media Center, the DVD plays in Windows Media Center.
However, if you then exit Media Center and select a different program in the AutoPlay dialog box, the DVD still plays in Media Center. The DVD plays in Media Center regardless of the program that you select in the AutoPlay dialog box.
To work around this problem, restart the computer.
To restore your default DVD drive settings, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, open AutoPlay. To do this, click Start, type autoplay in the Start Search box, and then click AutoPlay in the Programs list.
- In the DVD movie field, click the action that you want Windows to perform after you insert a DVD in the DVD drive.
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB929536