Microsoft KB Archive/929516
Article ID: 929516
Article Last Modified on 3/29/2007
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Live OneCare
This article discusses a Beta release of a Microsoft product. The information in this article is provided as-is and is subject to change without notice.
No formal product support is available from Microsoft for this Beta product. For information about how to obtain support for a Beta release, see the documentation that is included with the Beta product files, or check the Web location where you downloaded the release.
When you install Microsoft Windows Live OneCare on a Windows Vista-based computer, you cannot connect to the Windows Media Center Extender for Windows Vista.
This problem may occur if the Windows Live OneCare firewall is not configured for use with the Windows Media Center Extender. The Windows Media Center Extender uses network ports to communicate with the Windows Vista-based computer. The Windows Live OneCare firewall must not block these ports.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Live OneCare , and then select Change OneCare settings.
- If you are prompted, enter the Administrator password, or click Allow.
- Select the Firewall tab, and then click Firewall connection tool.
- Click to select the Connect my Xbox 360 or Media Center Extender to my Media Center PC rule.
- Click OK on both of the windows to apply changes.
Keywords: kbmsnqwestportal kbmsnpartnerportal kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB929516